The International Fellowship Training Program is a post-graduate medical education program designed to increase the international physician’s knowledge and skills in Neurosurgery beyond or beside that of a residency training program.
Most educational activities include daily clinical rounds, case presentations, clinical research, formal lectures, and teaching conferences.
Clinical research is often also part of the fellowship and will be encouraged by an extensive support in publishing clinical studies. The program also builds important international relationships, collaborations, and exchange of knowledge with colleagues from around the world.
The duration of the fellowship will be 3 months to 12 months.
• Applicants must be financially sponsored by a scholarship or by themselves
• Applications for fellowship must be submitted in the letter of application at least 6 months prior to the anticipated start date.
Completed applications must contain:
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of Medical degree
- Copy of Medical specialization
- Two recommendation letters
- Personal financial guarantee or from sponsoring institution
- Letter outlining areas of interest and goals, including proposal of time and length of fellowship
- Proof of payment to health insurance company encharged by the hospital
- For the observer to fully benefit from the experience, it is imperative that he or she has command of the English or Italian language. Patient contact is prohibited as an observer.
- Each observer must obtain his or her own visa but invitation letter will be provided on request.
International fellowships are available for 3 to 12 months periods.
Certification of Training
At the end of the program, all observers will receive a certificate acknowledging their participation and length of fellowship.
Send complete request to: