The International Fellowship Training Program is a post-graduate medical education program designed to increase the international physician’s knowledge and skills in Neurosurgery beyond or beside that of a residency training program.
Most educational activities include daily clinical rounds, case presentations, clinical research, formal lectures, and teaching conferences. Clinical research is the main objective of the fellowship and will be encouraged by an extensive support in publishing clinical studies. The program also builds important international relationships, collaborations, and exchange of knowledge with colleagues from around the world.
The duration of the fellowship will be 3 months to 12 months.
• Applicants must be fully self-financially indipendent
• Applications for fellowship must be submitted by email prior to the anticipated start date.
Completed applications must contain:
• Complete Curriculum vitae
• Medical degree and, eventually, medical specialization
• Recommendation letters if available
• Financial guarantee from sponsoring institution
• • Statement outlining areas of interest and goals, including time and length of fellowship
• Proof of health insurance for coverage in the EU: in addition to international medical insurance it is mandatory to stipulate a proper insurance trough the same San Raffaele hospital for attending the departments.
For the observer to fully benefit from the experience it is imperative that the he or she has command of the English or Italian language. Patient contact is prohibited as an observer.
Each observer must obtain his or her own visa but letter of invitation can be provided on request.
International fellowships are available for 3 to 12 months periods. Special accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis and will be subject to faculty availability.
Certification of Training
At the end of the program, all observers will receive a certificate acknowledging their participation and length of fellowship.
Request for fellowship can be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org